Monday, September 28, 2009

the Bitter Sweet taste of Camp Bisco

I really did have a great time in the rain at Camp Bisco this year.
The real draw for us? getting to go to a Festy and hang with our friends..and finally see the band that our four year old discovered (Dr. Dog). and Damien Marley
(plus a set where bisco promises not to sing? Im in)

Bisco delivered even in the pouring rain.

Ok, I admit it, I'm "Skrimsaw as Hell". I've Heard It said "We become What We Mock." (that is from the King-of-Skrim Don Monocle)

It is true though, usually with, cats who have a sense of humor.
I do it all the time. Im a Rope-Head now, but, even in-between sets of dreads , I still have a cash of quips and teases to mock the dreadlocked.
I totally give my friends who love Electronica a hard time, especially if they discount Phish with out seeing them live. But lately, as many times as I have said "you cant truly judge or discount the worth of the Phish scene or its music without going...and getting in". I have had some Bisco head say the same thing. (and then I have to be like, "dude Ive scene them live too...)

But, if I want my friends to listen to me, I try to give them, and their tastes a chance.
I know it is trendy to rag on Bisco kids now...I have been making fun of "Schwilly Lot Kids" by flattening out my brim, cockin' it to the side and swirving , ever since....well Pre-Hiatus. Thing is that joke was funny on Phish lot 'cause I am a Phish-head.
Now, you can go to whole festivals filled with flat brims. boys, girls, hotties and band members. And the most successful vendors are selling stacks of flatbrims (and these other "stacked" thingys).
Check out the picture Cap't Crutch sent of Page in a Flat brim
you know what? I Like hats! Ive been saying I would be "famous hat maker to the stars" for years. Now it seems like there is actually room for all kinds of hats on lot . I have to thank the bisco scene for starting to make "Hatter" a true Lot-Profession.
And with that in mind I will also admit that I love Dub-Step, I will even go far as to say I like the Disco Biscuits, (when they are called Perfume.)

so I wanted to share with ya'll some of the bitter and the sweet from that weekend:

This first video is of us just getting there and catching the second song from Dr. Dog (the Breeze) we taped it for Conrad so it is a bit intimate. Choppy at first but I think you can see how much soul and effort these philly kids put into their performance just from this short video. (give it a minute I think its worth watching)

Dr Dog video for Conrad Camp Bisco from Professor Yagga on Vimeo.


Then to contrast the hard working indie rockers I follow this with a video I have been reluctat to post but it is so GOOD and So Real.
so Jr. Gong did not want to get wet...so he made us stand in the rain and wait for 2 hours.
this is what happens when you get a bunch of kids together, get them all riled up and then throw in some mud and Flat brims. and then dont put the music on (as a note: when we stop heckeling for a minute and tell her to do some thing with her keys.... I dont know why I care if the girl lands on her keys at that point but don't you think it would hurt?)

Mud Slide Girls Camp Bisco 2009 from Professor Yagga on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment