Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thanks for the Inspiration!

Still no word on my camera that disappeared at Trinumeral. I did just get some pictures sent to my inbox. here is a picture that I asked someone with a camera to take for me. The guy on the right is the live painter Michael Garfield And Lexi. This picture is great because it reminds me of the inclusive vibe of the fest. I did not know either of these people before the fest but by the end they were both totally stoked about the pins and making friends. Lexi is wearing a Grass Roots Cali hat (look for some future calabs there) and our Trinumaral pin. She was great cause she just kept telling people about the pins then they would come find me. I totally thank everyone who spreads the word (plus its easier to listen to a cutie ain't it?). Michael is one of those artist who's work has percolated Thru the cosmos and reached me several times before. Maybe it was in a dream or at fest. Maybe it was one of the "cosmic bread crumbs" this guy leaves all over the place, but I totally resonate with the abstract mixed with the scientific in his work. I love ancient symbols and am inspired by the mystery of Geometry, plus he really reaches into the collective conscience with his work. Anyway one of the best moments of the weekend for me was when he passed me in the crowd grabbed me and said "Man your a total Hero, no I mean it!" I'm Not sure how he meant that but it felt good to be recognized by an other artist whom I have respected from a distance. On the same note lets not forget that Mark Hanson was wearing a scarab all weekend and had no problem talking to me candidly about the creative process, and living as an artist.
Oh, did I forget to mention that Jen from the Interdimensional Art Movement Unified
took our pins out west with her? That was quite an honor too.
Well got to go work on more pins.
peace in your middle crease.

No comments:

Post a Comment